Dental Cleanings Near You
Receiving a professional dental cleaning near you is essential for your oral health. If you strive for a healthier, cleaner smile, it is crucial to have plaque and tartar removed. Tooth decay can cause other serious issues such as cavities and even infections. Plaque coats your teeth whenever you consume food or drinks, and it converts the sugars into acids, causing your enamel to erode. Holes begin to appear on your healthy enamel once the decay sets in. After every meal, brushing and flossing are essential since it can take less than 24 hours for plaque to harden into tartar. Even though practicing a proper oral hygiene routine at home is crucial, it is not enough to remove all the plaque and tartar. At Wharncliffe Family Dental, we offer dental cleanings North London! Contact our dental clinic today to request an appointment for dental exams and cleanings near you.
Oral Exams in North London
Visiting your dentist for oral exams near you is vital for several reasons. There is a lot more going on in the mouth than what we can see with our eyes. Tartar can start to develop on the gum line, which can cause bacteria to seep below the gum line. This can lead to an infection or gingivitis, which is the inflammation of the gums. There is usually no pain associated with gingivitis; however, if it is left untreated, more severe complications can arise. If the infection becomes chronic, it can lead to periodontal disease, which can compromise your teeth’s structure. Your body will begin to reabsorb some of the bone and cause tooth loss. It is recommended that you receive an oral exam near you at least twice a year to prevent tooth decay, infections, and diseases.
What Happens During a Dental Checkup and Cleaning in North London?
1. Dental Exam: Before your dental cleaning in North London, your dentist or qualified dental hygienist will examine your teeth to detect any signs of decay, infection, disease, or abnormalities. They will check your gums, teeth, and mouth for any signs of oral concerns.
2. Scaling: Dental hygienists use a scaling tool to remove plaque and tartar around the gum line and between the teeth. An essential step in a professional dental cleaning is scaling, as it helps prevent gum disease.
3. Polish: Once your dental hygienist has removed all the plaque and tartar, they will use an electric toothbrush to scrub the teeth to remove any remaining debris.
4. Fluoride Treatment: The last step is to apply a fluoride treatment to protect your teeth from cavities. A gel fluoride treatment is applied to a mouthpiece that is placed on your teeth for one minute. This step completes your dental cleaning near you.
Benefits of Receiving Dental Cleanings Near You
Other than removing plaque, tartar, and stains, dental cleanings in North London provide the following benefits:
- Prevent tooth loss
- Detect dental issues early
- Reduce the risk of health issues such as oral cancer, diabetes, heart attacks, etc.
- Prevent gum disease
If you are looking to receive dental exams and cleanings near you, contact our dental clinic today to request an appointment!